May 11, 2012

LSL {Foodie Friday} - No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes


I am craving something sweet. Okay confession, most of the time I am craving something sweet. And, cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, if only for the fact that I hardly eat it, so when I do it's feel like a special occasion. 

And then there's Nutella. Another confession, I have a small obsession with it. I actually told myself that for my NY's resolution I was going to try and go this whole year without eating it. (And even though I told you I don't normally do resolutions, five months in, so far so good.) You see once I start with it, it's a very slippery slope. Picture me with a spoon, the jar over the kitchen sink and a messy face. Telling myself just one more bite, I'd say. That would be the last. Put it back in the cabinet. Then all of the sudden the jar is empty. How'd that happen? Soon after, I start plotting my next Target run where Nutella is usually on sale. (As you can see through this very embarrassing story, it's a bit huge problem.)

However, once I saw this recipe, which is making it's rounds on Pinterest, then saw how easy it is to make, I realized I may have to break my non-NY resolution/no Nutella rule.



No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
For the Crust
12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

For the Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

2/3 cup Nutella

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed

For the Garnish
whipped topping, optional

chocolate shavings, optional

toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.

2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.

3. Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

4. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.


I seriously can't get over how delicious this recipe looks. I have a feeling that this is one where the dessert tastes as good as it looks kinda deal. I think I have my next B.Y.O.D idea for any dinner parties/BBQs that I'm invited to, just so I can taste it try my hand at making it. (Psst, that was a hint hint friends. It might be get-together time soon.) What is your favorite foodie vice? Have you ever made a no-bake cheesecake thing before? 

Bon Appetit and Happy Weekend!

xo,
L

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I didn't comment on this...it looks delish! Lovi would be so happy if I made this for him ;) He loves Nutella, lol! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...