June 22, 2012

LSL {Foodie Friday} - Zucchini "Pasta"

Just to be clear, I'm a sucker for pasta. You all know it. You can see it here. I admit to it, almost at every pasta related Foodie Friday. I may need to enter some rehabilitation facility for people with pasta and caprese salad addictions. "Hi my name is Lauren and I'm a pasta and caprese-aholic"  

Now that I have gotten that off my chest, this week's Foodie Friday is a different kind of pasta. It's a veggie-sta. (Haha get it? I just combined veggie and pasta) Summer vegetables like zucchini and tomatoes are so easy to find right now at any farmers' market, that when I saw this Whole Living's recipe, I instantly wanted to try it. It looks easy and combines one of my favorite ingredients, basil. (And yes, just in case you were keeping track, I have a lot of foodie favorites!)




Zucchini Pasta

Serves 2

Ingredients
8 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
2 tablespoons torn fresh basil, plus leaves for garnish
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Sea salt
1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise, slices cut into 1/4-inch-long strips

Directions
In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, walnuts, basil, and oil. Season with salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Toss with zucchini and garnish with basil.

Serve outside with some nice company, a white or sparkling wine and just enjoy!

Bon Appetit and Happy Weekend!

xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...