February 16, 2011

Blue Jean Baby, LA Lady...

...Steamstress for the band.  I adore this song! It reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite movies, Almost Famous.  I love this movie, first for the story, I love anything based on a true story and secondly for the retro fashions.  I love that rocker, 70's free spirit look.  




New York Fall 2011 Fashion week is well underway and all I can think about is what I wouldn't give to get a chance to go to just one show, let alone see multiple designers under those Central Park tents...

There seems to be a trend happening through those NY tents (and yes, I realize this same trend has made it's appearance throughout the last runway go-round) but...Ladies and Gents, the 70's have made their thriumphant return. And in my opinion, I say bring it on.  I love (and slightly envy) the effort-less, bohemian style, the funky colors of mustard, charturese, tans, and brick reds are a weclome change to the many fall looks of monotone greys and blacks. The pops of color and textures is what really have caught my eye. The mixing and matching of patterns together to create such a unique (and lovely) look. What I really appreciate is the designers have taken a classic look/era and have updated it.  

Below are some shots from Tory Burch, Tommy Hilfiger and (my fave) Marc Jacobs - 







Marc by Marc Jacobs








Marc by Marc Jacobs








Marc by Marc Jacobs


Marc by Marc Jacobs
Above is my favorite look!







Tommy Hilfiger








Tory Burch








Tory Burch


Tory Burch
What amazing textures in this one!


Enjoy! Have a lovely day!
xo,



{Credits}
Marc by Marc Jacob Photos: Yannis Vlamos / GoRunway.com - via www.style.com
Tommy Hilfiger photo: Yannis Vlamos / GoRunway.com - via www.style.com
Tory Burch Photos: Alessandro Garofalo / GoRunway.com - via www.style.com
Almost Famous, via youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...