September 21, 2012

LSL {Foodie Friday} - Rosemary Salmon Purses

You know this list. The one where I said I was going to better myself and start a bucket list. Well, just in case you are new, or haven't visited LSL in a little, here's the post to remind you. And, I am actually off to a great start, I have accomplished two of my goals so far! 

Last night a friend and I signed up for a cooking class, (#1 on that list) and besides the very embarrassing start I had (I basically threw/spilled/knocked over a tray of salt seriously all. over. myself. Like we're talking in my hair, on my face, all over my lap, and definitely all over the dang table. Klutz Lauren was in full force!) But I *literally* dusted myself off and went from there. The class was a Mediterranean by the Sea theme, and as it sounds, it's a mostly learning to cook fish and a couple simple side dishes to compliment. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot and feel confident showing off these new "skills."


My favorite of all the dishes we made and tasted was the Rosemary Salmon Purses. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any pictures of me in action, so I borrowed these google images to show off what our salmon, lemon, and rosemary concoction looked like. But feel free to picture me eloquently cooking and looking oh-so fab. ;) 


 
 

Rosemary Salmon Purses
via {Cindy Roberts, Palo Alto Adult School}
Prep time: 20 minutes/Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 Sprigs of rosemary
1 pound of salmon fillet
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 lemons
1 clove garlic
Parchment paper
String
Juicer
Salt & pepper

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Cut four square of parchment paper, approx. 7"inch x 7"inch. Cut four pieces of string approx. 12"inches in length.
3. Slice one lemon into rounds, about 1/4"in. thick.
4. Squeeze the other two lemons using the juicer, you will need a 1/3-cup of juice. (And our ever so patient teacher said you could definitely modify and use less lemon if desired.)
5. Cut salmon into four pieces, and if you have any kitchen tweezers or pliers, de-bone the fish. A special touch for your guests so they don't have to be spitting out bones during dinner.
6. Mince garlic
7. Mix garlic, 1/3 cup lemon juice and olive oil together.
8. On each piece of parchment paper, place a lemon slice, a sprig of rosemary and a piece of salmon. Pour 1/4 of the lemon marinade mixture over the salmon. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
9. Fold up corners of the parchment paper to for a purse. Twist the top of the parchment to enclose. Tie the string around to seal, finishing with a bow tie.
10. Cook for 20 minutes or until salmon flakes away with a fork.

Variation:
Make the purses the day before and store in the refrigerator. This will provide a more intense seasoning.

Find a bottle of white wine and pop that baby open. Enjoy!

Bon Appetit and Happy Weekend!

xo,

*Credit - Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...