August 24, 2012

LSL Foodie Friday - Party Time, Excellent

This weekend's the ol' birthday. (Another post coming soon about that). Another year older, another year wiser. That's at least what I keep telling myself. ;)

As much as I dread turning another year older and okay, dread is probably being a touch dramatic about it, but only say that for the fact that life hands you things when you're out making other plans. (or whatever the saying is) I am also very thankful to turn another year older. Happy that I have a very blessed life, that I am healthy, I have some really wonderful friends and family and a tiny apt I love coming home to.

You know I love my champagne. It's fitting that this Foodie Friday I showcase a celebratory champagne cocktail to enjoy, where the recipe asks for you to serve in a "fancy schmancy" glasses. Yes. This girl really gets me.


With that I would like to make a toast.....Cheers to the freakin' weekend! haha just kidding. Cheers to making this year count!



Citrusy Champagne Sangria


via {Kiran Tarun}

Ingredients:

4 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1 cup ginger ale
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 blood orange, thinly sliced
3 clementines, thinly sliced
1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
pinch of salt
1 bottle of chilled champagne

Directions:



1. Prepare simple syrup by stirring sugar and water until sugar completely dissolves. Keep in refrigerator to chill while prepping other ingredients.


2. In a tall pitcher, add all fruits + grapefruit juice + salt + simple syrup and ginger ale . Chill in refrigerator for a few hours, preferably overnight.

3. To serve, add sangria in a fancy-schmancy glass and top it with bubbly champagne! 

Ching Ching! 

Bon Appetit and Happy Weekend!

xo,
L

1 comment:

  1. Cheers Lauren! To a beautiful person and a great friend. You were born on a VERY special day! ;)We were meant to be friends.... xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...