August 31, 2012

LSL {Foodie Friday} - Avo + Egg Pizza


Can you believe that it's already September tomorrow?! I say this a lot, but really where does time go? Summer is basically over. (womp, womp) And, yes I know that in sunny CA September and October are actually the best months in SF. But even with this nice beautiful weather still lasting for a couple more months, I realize that my most favorite food...or fruit in. the. world. (yes, even more than mozzarella, tomato, and basil) the avocado, is officially not in season anymore. (even though you can still get it, they are just not the same as the summer month avos) I thought I would make one more delicious go of my favorite thing...besides just mashing it and putting it on toast, which is my go-to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When I stumbled upon this recipe, and how easy it was, I knew that it could be a Lauren special. 



Avo + Egg Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients -
1. Greek or pocketless pita, or any kind of flat bread
2. Lemon
3. Ripe avocado
4. Organic egg
5. Sea salt, pepper, chili flakes, cumin, cumin seed, extra virgin olive oil

Here's what you do:
Toast pita until crisp, mash avocado and spread on pita, drizzle with a dash of lemon, olive oil and spices, place egg cooked to your liking on top and serve. Best as healthy breakfast, afternoon snack or Sunday night dinner!
Add prosciutto or a sprinkling of feta over the top for a richer snack.

Tres easy, yes?! I apologize for not using my own photos, I made this during the week and had a total blond moment and forgot to snap some pics up. Musta been a hungry girl. However, I can attest that as delicious as it looks above, it truly is that delicious going down your pie hole. I know I know, classy as ever!

What are your plans for the long holiday weekend? Camping? Stay-cation? I'm postponing my long weekend until next week...you'll see soon.

Bon Appetit and Happy Weekend!

xo,
L

*Credit - recipe & photos by Caitlin Levin, via Justina Blakeney blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...