March 23, 2012

LSL {Foodie Friday} - Grilled Shrimp

I have been going through a seafood phase this week and no, it's not that one where I see food then I eat it...that was last week. I love all kinds of seafood, but lately I have been hankering for shrimp and have managed to have eaten it three times this week. It's so delicious, and light, and easy to cook with. By LSL standards, it's something I can confidently make. (confidently, meaning only calling Momma J twice with cooking related questions)

This week's Foodie Friday is a recipe by Miss Martha and it sounds like a 'pretend it's summer out, you're on your deck sipping a glass of wine' and enjoying these scrumptious grilled shrimp creations.


Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime & Peanuts
Serves 4

Ingredients
2 limes
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 pound (about 15) jumbo shrimp, shells on
2 teaspoons safflower oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
2 scallions, finely chopped

Directions

1. Zest limes into a bowl. Squeeze in juice from 1 lime, and whisk in fish sauce and sugar.

2. Preheat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil on both sides, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill until pink and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side.

3. Toss shrimp with fish-sauce mixture, cilantro, peanuts, and scallions. Juice remaining lime over shrimp.

4. Enjoy!

See, this recipe seems easy enough (once you figure out what fish sauce is). For more tasty sounding shrimp recipes from Miss Martha, go here.

What are your plans for the weekend? I hear it's supposed to rain here. I guess that's good, I won't feel too guilty staying indoors and packing up the rest of my life, getting ready for my big move. (Can you tell I'm excited for the move? I've only mentioned it in the last three posts. Such a nerd.)

Bon appetit and Happy Weekend!

xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...