March 19, 2012

Movin' On Up...

...to the east side, in my de-luxe apartment in the skyyyy. Okay, so it's not deluxe, nor is it on the east side, more like... "movin' on up to my sssstudio apartment on the west side."  Yes, that's what my not-so subtle hint was about on Friday


This past weekend I was busy cleaning, organizing, and packing. Thrilling, I know. As sad as I am to see the era of living with my roommate go, I am excited for my new venture. And even more than that, I can't help but day-dream about how I will decorate my new little studio to make it my very own lovely home. That tiny detail is what's keeping me motivated for packing when "entertaining" shows like "Keeping up with the Kardashians" come on, tempting me with their silly and pointless drama. I think of all the studios layouts I've 'pinned' and back to it I go. 


This is some of the inspiration that has kept me in motion.


So light and bright
via Style Frost
A masculine & modern look
via HGTV
Mixing patterns
via Google
A good tips on how to make the most with the layout
via Miss Moss
via Paris Perfect
I love the eclectic vibe of this studio
via Apartment Therapy
via Apartment Therapy
Decor is truly in the details
via flickr
My piece de resistance of studios
via Everything LEB via Lonny Magazine


And to check out my absolute favorite studio ever, NY Times did a showcase on this stylish dude's teeny tiny abode. Hands down the best interiors filled absolutely to the brim, noting that more really is more.


I hope with this move I can chronicle my decorating attempts, successes, and failures and fill you in on my process and progress for making it my own. Like all of the above pictures, it has me hopeful that even though my square footage might be just under 500ft, I can still fill it up to make it all my own.


xo,
L

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the exciting news! Getting a new apartment is one of life's greatest pleasures. You get to start fresh, leave bad memories at the old place, and the best part...you get to decorate!! So fun!

    I look forward to seeing what you do with your space.

    Congrats, again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...