March 16, 2012

LSL {Foodie Friday} - St. Patty's Day Cake


Wow! St. Patrick's Day is here. (well, in about 12 hours) I'm still getting over that February has ended and we're already in the middle of March. Where does the time go? Really. Can someone please tell me. 

This year St. P's day falls on a Saturday and I love that there's an official day dedicated to wearing green, but more importantly, an official day dedicated to drinking green beer. All day. Instead of giving you more beverage ideas, I thought I would share this colorful green cake masterpiece with you from Amanda of I Am Baker. I am a huge fan of anything ombre colored, so when I saw this beauty I had to learn how it's done. And, it's really simple, apparently it's this thing they call food coloring that does the trick. Who knew? (Kidding, by the way) Amanda's just used her white cake recipe (or really, any white cake recipe will do) and gradually added more drops of green coloring to each layer. 

My Foodie Friday tip this week: bake this bad boy up tonight so that you have something sweet to snack on when you get home late tomorrow night. (wink) Amanda's white cake recipe can be found here and the post that shows how she made the above, very tasty looking cake, along with some tips in coloring, here.

What are your plans for St. Patty's Day? Going to a local pub and getting your fill of green beer and corned beef and cabbage? Or making shamrock shaped cookies? Well, I may or may not be doing a little of both, but more importantly, I'll be....

(That was my not-so-subtle hint to tell you that there is something exciting going on in my world. Coming soon so stay tuned.)

Bon Appetit and Happy {green} Weekend!

xo,
L

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh what are you up to this weekend?!?! I'm intrigued!

    Although, I am glad January and February are over (not my favorite months), I can't believe how fast time is flying by. It's already mid-March. What?! It's freaking me out!

    Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...