March 8, 2012

Promising in Peplum

Peplum is "a short overskirt that is usually attached to a fitted jacket, blouse or dress." (thankyouwiki) And if you are anything like me, you have noticed this look has blown up all over the blog-o-sphere lately. I know the peplum style has been around for a while, but it seems to be coming back with even more gusto than before. I remember a specific peplum-style jacket I bought myself with my babysitting money back in high school, I wore the hell out of it. I don't remember it being a particularly flattering look since it hit at my generous-sized hip area and not at my smaller, more flattering, waist area, but I sure didn't seem to care. 

I'm glad this look coming back into fashion and think my favorite, my most wish-I-could-wear-it-myself, look is the peplum style dresses. They just scream such a 1950's lady-like, retro, Audrey Hepburn vibe. If only I wasn't blessed with those my damn hips and thighs, I would be all over this. But, even though I believe the dress/skirt style is not for moi, the peplum-style can look great in short jackets and shirt styles too.

Check out these lovelies for yourself...

 



 


And now for my favorite part, let's go shopping...all pictures are linked to their stores, below

 


 Yes please, to the J.Crew floral shirt. Thankyouverymuch.
 

 

 

And a holy hell, I need that white jacket!
 

What do you think of the peplum look? Fan? Not a fan? Anything in particular you need on that shopping list? (cough...that white jacket...cough) Did you have any wonderful "looks" that you rocked in high school that might not have been so fashionable then...or now? 

Oh, and did I forget to mention that I might have been a slight tom-boy all for most of HS and, in addition, also thought of myself as a super soccer star (even though I only made it to the JV team...whatever!) so I mostly only wore that Adidas brand. Yeah, that with my peplum-style jacket, probably not my finest look. 

xo,
L

*Credit -  Photos: 1/2, 3, 4/5, 6/7
           Shopping: 1/2, 3/4/5, 6/7, 8/9, 10/11, 12/13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...