February 10, 2012

LSL {Foodie Friday} - Cocktail Time

I was thinking that after a long week and an exciting milestone coming up, I would celebrate this Foodie Friday with a cocktail. This is my favorite going out on the town drink. I can usually be spotted out with a plain glass of champers, but with any special occasion (okay, or really any Friday night) I like to class it up with some cassis and a lemon twist. Which reminds me of this NYE night that I just "had" to make an emergency cassis/chambord liquor store run close to midnight because it was NYE, the most special of all occasions. Extra classy, I know.


via The Bubbly Girl
Kir Royale
{I usually just eyeball it, but this measured recipe is via The Bubbly Girl}

1/2 ounce crème de cassis
5 to 6 ounces brut champagne, chilled
Lemon twist, for garnish

Add crème de cassis to a champagne flute. Top with champagne and garnish with a lemon twist. Viola.

Sip frequently and enjoy!

Apparently there is also a "skinny" version that Ms. Frankel promotes, it doesn't sound half as enjoyable, but for any gal that's interested, here you go

What is your favorite cocktail? Do you have a go-to drink when you go out? Or when you are celebrating something, like me? And, don't forget to check back tomorrow for that milestone I mentioned. 

Bon appetit and happy weekend!

xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...